Friday, October 19, 2012

Taking 5 for a Music Nerd Moment

Ok! :) I just got done with my practicing a few minutes ago and I'm feeling really good about that one. I felt like I made a lot of improvement and made some really great progress on the pieces I'm playing. Since I took my clarinet to Bob Joffs (highly recommend! He's amazing!) it has been playing a lot smoother for me. And I think I sound pretty good. Now.... I realize that my ears suck... and I'm probably hearing what I want to hear, but I was happy with it. (.....still would love to have a Buffet R13... just saying)

I reeally like my jury piece for this semester. It is a Brahms concerto. Brahms Clarinet Sonata #2 In E Flat, Op 120/2 - 2 Allegro Appassionato to be precise. It's so pretty! I love it. And it's starting to come together for me too.



I know I still have a lot to work on but I am impressed with myself and the point I am at now.
So I've been listening to it for the last few.... months. ha. But now I really really like it. A lot. 

I've also been doing quite a bit of reading on Brahms himself. (Mostly because I have a Music History assignment where I need to write two pages of concert notes on my above jury piece.) I really like this one biography that I'm reading. The author does a great job of telling the story without being completely boring and textbook like. It's more story like and I have really enjoyed learning about Brahms. He lived a very simple life and was on his own for a lot of it. And of course he has several tragic love stories because he lives a I'm-a-musician-and-have-to-establish-myself-off-on-my-own kind of lifestyle. I decided I could never lead the life of a musician like that. But he obviously did well with it. ha.

Now.... to just write those two pages on it.... Oh I mean:

"Yes Dr. Rorke, I'm almost done and have already given my paper to a peer for review today!" ................

1 comment:

  1. Who is the lucky person that gets to accompany you? Aye, yie, yie!

    ReplyDelete