Thursday, April 18, 2013

Transcription Project

In Musicianship 4, the very last semester of Musicianship, our teacher decided not to have a written final. Instead we had to pick a song (at least we got to pick our poison....) and transcribe two minutes of it. I did not want to do this assignment. I would have rather had the written test. But... I tried to pick something simpler with only a few parts to write out. So I found -

The Piano Guys
Bring Him Home



It wasn't too bad. In fact, the cello part was super easy to figure out. The piano kinda kicked my butt. I just had to realize that Jon Schmidt makes things sound harder than they really are. So I survived it. And this is what I came up with -


Don't look at it too closely..... I probably missed something. Poor Spencer had to endure me asking him to check what I was doing all night. He was a good sport about it and helped me a lot. But this was one of the hardest things I have had to do in college.

After this, I will never have to take Musicianship again! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment