Sunday, August 26, 2012

This is Why I Want to Teach Music

This morning I went with Spencer, Aaron, Tim and Ryan to see Music and the Spoken Word at the Conference Center. It was the first time I had seen anything in the Conference Center. And it was incredible! I loved it! The music was so amazing. I can't believe how great the acoustics were with the choir and orchestra. (music nerd moment) It was way cool! Recordings of the choir and orchestra are good, but nothing beats being there and experiencing it in person.



My favorite piece was the organ solo that as played. It was phenomenal! The sound was everywhere! It was so cool. And the organist was way good. I have no idea how they can play that fast with so many different lines and harmonies going on. But the sound of it definitely made it my favorite.


The story that was told was talking about how teachers have the ability to affect generations. It was a really cute little story. But the whole thing just reminded me of why I want to teach music. One, because music is very powerful. Two, because I want to help and positively affect people. So you put the two together and guess what you get. The secret to (my) life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment