Friday, September 28, 2012

Conducting: the 1st of Many Errors

In my conducting class, the teacher has filmed us conducting a couple of times. The first time we were working on the conducting patterns. A legato pattern and an impulse beat pattern. The second time we were supposed to be focusing on pick ups and cut offs. Today I got my videos back and I have to say... I struggled more with the second one. I will have to keep working on that. But I want to keep all of my videos from throughout the semester so I can hopefully look back and see how much I have improved. A personal self-assessment kind of thing.


Sadly, the second video, I can get to upload. It's not very good though.

I've noticed in my conducting that I seem way too serious and I need to be more engaged in what the ensemble is doing. I come across as serious..yet passive. It doesn't really make sense. I'll be working on it though.

...AND I'm conducting with my very own baton :)



No comments:

Post a Comment