Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Break part Roosevelt

Well, my Christmas Break in Roosevelt has come to an end. Today, my family is driving me back to Salt Lake because tomorrow morning I have Marching Band rehearsal before we get on a plane to fly to the Hyundai Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas. I am very excited about the bowl game. I don't know how our team will do but I think the Marching Band is going to kick some butt while in Texas. It will be awesome.

Being in Roosevelt has been nice. I get mobbed by little people every time I come home. (And that may be because Christmas is only the third time I've come home...) But they are fun. The one time I left for a few hours with Jessica, Cache was so mad! He didn't want me to leave. He said, "When you come home from college you're supposed to stay home with me!" It was the saddest and cutest thing I ever ever seen when he stood on the front porch while Jess and I drove away with a glaring scowl on his face and his finger pointing down at the ground next to him. Super cute. Way sad. When I got home that evening he said I had been gone "way too long".




The first thing I did in Roosevelt was go to the dentist. Ick! I do not like the dentist! They hurt me every time I go there. And this time I had five cavities!! What?! Yeah! I know! It was awful! So I had to make a second appointment. I sat in that stupid dentist chair for over two hours because when they were working on my teeth my gums wouldn't stop bleeding! So right now I have some.thing stuck up between my teeth and against my gums so they wouldn't bleed anymore. Which also means..... I have to go back...again.

Last Friday, Ben even drove all the way here to see me and hang out for a day. It was great. I had lots of fun showing him around (what little I could). And the little people mobbed him more than they do me so..that was.. fun. haha. It was entertaining for sure. Cache totally would NOT leave Ben alone, and Brynne went to extra measures to make sure she was super silly and giggly all day.



A couple times this week I have gone with my mom to play soccer with her, Carrie and Shanna and a couple other ladies when they do their weekly "indoor soccer" workout game..thing. Even though I am definitely no soccer player: It was fun. I have been super sore afterward though!! Both times. Those ladies have given me a workout. So Thank you Mom and Carrie. (I've been needing it too with all the goodies and highly sugared stuff I have been eating during this Christmas break!)

Christmas itself was very good too. Jayde, Cole, the Little People and I all slept downstairs (like we do every year) so that the Little People can wake up me and Jayde all night instead of Mom and Dad....
I got all the music nerd things I asked for: a music stand, tuner/metronome and a hymn book. Yep. Music nerd. I also got a Sonicare toothbrush because Santa heard about my dentist incident that happened earlier in the week...
It would have felt more like Christmas though if here had been actual snow. (that rhymes) Sadly, there was basically none. Oh sure it snowed like once while I was here, but it was gone within a few hours so that totally doesn't count.

And now, this morning, I am getting all of my stuff together and getting ready to go back to Salt Lake.. where I will then get on a plane tomorrow.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you came to soccer mom! It was good to see you! MaKelle got a clarinet for Christmas and is now trying to figure it out I should have had you come and give her a few pointers since you're such a "Music nerd". Next time!

    ReplyDelete