Friday, December 16, 2011

Finals Week

So.. to all of you non-music majors, I'm about to make you extremely jealous.

Finals Week, meaning: the majority of your final exams were last week so this week is pretty chill.
Seriously. Last week was a lot more stressful for me. I had the majority of my finals then. So this week (during actual finals week) I only had four. I'm including my jury in that number too. But I was very pleased with the way my jury went. Totally awesome. My private teacher has been getting on my case about dynamics, because frankly.. I had none. So after I played my two jury pieces and she told me that I had very good dynamics, I was psyched! Woo hoo! Yeah. I was very happy about that. And that took place on Monday.
On Tuesday we had a "final" time scheduled for Marching Band but all you do there is show up and run through the show.
Wednesday was even better. My final there was Sight Singing. So I walked in, the instructor says, "Hi, pick which song you want to sing." And there are only two options and they are both five measures long. Then he plays you a cadence so you know what key it's in, (which doesn't even matter because he just ended up transposing it into a lower key for me anyway) I sing it. I walk out. That's it. I think that "final" took all of two minutes. (See, I told you non-music majors that you would be jealous.)
Yesterday I had my theory final and that took a little longer because it involved a lot of part writing and error detection. Ok.. not really a lot... because it was only one page of each. The test was actually super easy.
This morning was my last test and I think the hardest too. It was hard just because there was a lot of information to cover and review. I studied quite a bit though and I don't think it was too bad. I knew most of what the test was asking. However, there was one question (of course it's the question that's worth 14 points..) that I had no idea on. I totally skipped that when I was studying somehow. So I got to it and thought, "Oh.. crap..!" I totally had to make that one up. I checked after the test and I correctly hit about haft of the points I was supposed to. So I'll take it. Overall, I felt good about it.

So there you have it. Finals week for a Music Major. One final a day (at the first of the day). And then all that time to just relax afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment